To win a school popularity contest, a high school diva permits a film club classmate to record her popular life, but the film starts documenting her decline instead.
- Dylan Schoenfield: The classic high school mean girl, who lives in a giant house with her busy dad and spends all day shopping. She dreams of winning “blossom queen,” their school’s version of a homecoming queen, to show how popular and great she is, but also to feel connected to her dead mother. Dylan is a Drama Queen, and almost ruins the Josh’s documentary by being too snobbish, but secretly she has a nerdy past and has a lot more in common with the so called Geeks than she wants people to know.
- Josh Rosen: The film geek at school who wants hopes to win at a prestigious documentary competition with a film on popularity-Dylan’s popularity in particular. He thinks it’s gonna be straight forward, but soon finds that behind Dylan’s diva exterior is a human being just like him
- Amy Loubalu: Dylan’s ex-best friend and Josh’s crush.
- Asher Dumentz: Dylan’s popular boyfriend who doesn’t treat her right.
- Nicole Patterson: Dylan’s rival/arch enemy for Blossom Queen. The head cheerleader at Woodlands Academy, she starts dating Asher soon after he breaks up with her.