Jessica Olsen was expecting a normal trip to California with her family to visit her grandma. However, she agrees to join her older sister to find the famous pop star, Christopher Wilde.
- Christopher Wilde: A 17 year-old pop sensation who struggles to balance his demanding girlfriend, his managers and parents’ expectations, and stay true to his fans. While trying to stay out of the tabloids to get a movie deal he doesn’t really want, Wilde hits Jessica in the head and is forced to run avoid being seen with her or risk scandal.
- Jessica Olson: A bookish teenager, on a trip to visit her grandmother in California, is forced to stalk pop idol Christopher Wilde with her sister. She can’t stand the unrealistic life he leads and especially how girls like her sister fawn over him. She is forced to run around the press with Wilde and finds out that he’s not as fake as she thought.
- Albert Joshua “Stubby” Stubbins: Wilde’s best friend since fourth grade, and driver.
- Alexis Bender: Wilde’s demanding and camera hog girlfriend who doesn’t really seem to like him.
- Sara Olson: Jessica’s mean older sister who’s obsessed with Christopher Wilde.